CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

I LUV CHICAGO!!!

I have been here in Chicago for most of my 16 vyears of life. I live on the southside of Chicago, "Killaward". Some people say that this city has a bad rep like living in my area can get you killed and there's nothing but criminals here. But honestly, if I could live anywhere else in the U.S., I'd stay right here. I love the people, I love areas, and I love all the stuff you can do here. Put it this way; just five dollars for a one-day bus pass can give you the most ultimate 24-hours of fun you've ever had. Shop downtown, go to the movies, to the beach, the malls, go out to eat, and so much more. The best time to enjoy Chicago is the summertime. Luckly, my birthday is during then, and I can never fit all I want to do for my b-day into one day. It takes the whole week! Other than all the places to go is seeing all the people. I believe that Chicago is materialistic, but not as much as New York or some city in California. We buy our lil' Recs and Nikes and Jordans and such, but we don't blow about 1,000 on just one pair or a stupid purse. Maybe I'm speaking from a teenager's point of view, but the people I know are fresh and don't bragg about it. I love being a teenager growing up on the southside of Chicago because it also taught me how to be independent. I can take the bus anywhere and the train and not get lost. I've also gained a lot of street smarts here. I know where to go and where not to go at certain times of the day, I know what to say and what not to say when meeting people from different parts of the city, and I know how to survive and get along with kids in these public high schools. There are a lot of negatives in this city, but actually, the positives override the negatives. There's so much more to be said about this city, but I don't think I can summarize all the details about it. Chicago has made me the smart, outgoing, funny, and creative person I am today and I am proud to say I'm a Chicagoan. I rep da Chi to da fullest!!!!

0 comments: